Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year's Resolution

I love to ponder on renewed hope and understanding as the beginning of a new year approaches.
This year as I thought about New Year's resolution possibilities, I was not as enthusiastic as I once was. I realized I have changed. My thought patterns have changed. Then I thought, this is a very good step for me!
I wanted to get excited about creating future goal(s) for 2011, but came up blank. Then, I read a thought from my favorite Author; Wayne Dyer:
"Forget about those New Year’s resolutions in which you decide on the first day of January how you will be conducting your life in September, some nine months later. The important questions to be asking yourself are “How am I going to use my present moments this year?” and “Will I waste them in reviewing to myself how I used to behave, or how I would like to behave in the future, rather than resolving to live each day to the fullest?”

That's it I thought! My heart jumped with excitement, a smile came to my face and I knew this was meant for me. A simply, brilliant concept I am thrilled to get to learn and grow with. I love it when I am open to learn, the lessons come with ease and grace into my life's experience.
I am thoughtful and grateful to my Heavenly Father, He cares about every detail in my life and wants me to become the best person I can be.

This is a great day to be alive! I take time to rejoice in this moment to live and learn.
Let's seize the day! After all; what a glorious time it is to be on Earth, these Latter-Days!

Happy New Year, Happy New Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment