Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bumps and Bruises

Anyone who really knows me, knows that I am a deep person. I ponder things deeply, care deeply and feel deeply. I have described my past experiences as wearing my heart on my sleeve; and many times it has been bumped. At times in my life I have pondered on the thought to be more reserved, less communicative and perhaps save myself some pain.
Seemingly people are unkind, even cruel. I however know in my heart, how my Savior would have me receive unkind acts and cruelty from others; with love, meekness and kindness.
It would seem easier, even justified to be defiant to our Savior's admonition to turn the other cheek, hold my tongue, or speak words of kindness. Yet, our Savior did exactly as he asks me to do. I know I must be kind if I want to become like Him.
As I reflect on Christ's life, example and teachings, I know that I must "do".
His admonition is the way to joy in this Earth life and Eternal life.

Kindness, love, forgiveness is the key to Heaven, literally. As for me, the meaning of unconditional love and kindness is deeply felt, deeply revered and worthy of every effort I make. Kindness begins with me.
I choose not to ponder on unkind acts, rather ponder on ways that I can be kind and accepting of others. Kind acts are sweet gestures of the heart, especially one that has been bumped and bruised along the way.

1 comment:

  1. I can't think of a kinder person than you annette! hope you are doing well...hope to see you sometime soon!

    Love you and tell Jack hello! love, katie

    ReplyDelete