Monday, August 8, 2011

White Dress


A few months ago I accidentally left lipstick in the pocket of my white temple dress. Upon pulling it out of the dryer there were too many lipstick stains to count. At first I thought I would just throw it away, although I didn't throw away the dress I procrastinated trying to clean it. The other day I decided to take the time to try to get the lipstick stains out. I rubbed every stain with rubbing alcohol (the house smelled like rubbing alcohol all day). There were so many tiny stains, some medium, and some large stains. The large stains were hardest, (I scrubbed harder on those) then I sprayed on spray n' wash then washed the dress in hot water. I repeated this process three times.
To my amazement the stains were gone. I was so glad I didn't throw away that beautiful, white dress. As I inspected the clean white dress, it reminded me a scripture found in Isaiah 1:18; "Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow".
I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ who washes away all the stains from my sins; small to large, upon my repentance ans willingness to change.
Like my white dress, I know I am worth keeping to God. Thankful that I know He loves me in spite of all my sins past and sees the good in me.

May we take time to ponder on the love our Savior has for each of Heavenly Father's precious children. May we ponder on the symbolism of a clean white dress, as we enjoy the blessings of His Atoning sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment